No announcement yet.

How involved are you in finding a slot?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How involved are you in finding a slot?

I was tentatively approved last Monday and my recruiter sent over my 1288 to a base that doesn't have any slots for me (don't think they have a reserve shop for 2a7x1) and no slots to retrain. Conversely, there is another base a little further away but they have a slot for my job and if that doesn't work out, they have a lot of jobs I could retrain into presumably.

Now when I called my recruiter after I got my tentative approval he just told me," yeah I have 30 days to get you a slot. I submitted your 1288 and if that doesn't work we will try that other base."
    So my question is, how involved am I supposed to be? There is only that one slot for my current afsc in the entire reseve vacancy finder, but I have no problem retraining. I'd like to give him a list as if to say, if this one doesn't work go to the next job and base. However I don't want to get too involved if that's not protocol. It seems like after your tentatively approved you just sit back and wait for the recruiter to get you a slot.
    What is your experience and what would you recommend? How involved should I be and how much should I be in contact with my recruiter in your opinion?

before i got denied i was in talks with a recruiter that , to my knowledge was at the unit level

Comment

I'm more wondering, what is my role in the process of getting my second endorsement and arc assignment?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikwelque View Post
        I'm more wondering, what is my role in the process of getting my second endorsement and arc assignment?
        I recently got my job position number and the 2nd endorsement form submitted to AFPC for final approval. Honestly, I was harassing my recruiter at the gaining unit to get the 2nd part done because the days were cutting close. The ISR didn't get the 2nd part til 29 days from when i got my tentative approval. The ISR told me that he had 45 days to get the 2nd part of the endorsement up to AFPC but I think its 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophit View Post
          I recently got my job position number and the 2nd endorsement form submitted to AFPC for final approval. Honestly, I was harassing my recruiter at the gaining unit to get the 2nd part done because the days were cutting close. The ISR didn't get the 2nd part til 29 days from when i got my tentative approval. The ISR told me that he had 45 days to get the 2nd part of the endorsement up to AFPC but I think its 30 days.
          See I feel like harassing either my ISR or the recruiter at my gaining unit will not be beneficial. My ISR from when I talked to him a week ago basically told me he is handling it and seems to be telling me that I don't need to be involved. I don't want to step on his toes.

However, I am approaching my 30 day mark and my recruiter has not gotten in contact with me to update me about my status. All he told me last week was that he was waiting for the 1288 back from the gaining unit (which I am pretty sure doesn't have any slots). I am worried by the time I get my 1288 back it will be so close to the 30 day or 45 day window that I will be screwed if they do not have a spot for me.

I told my ISR that I am willing tor retrain if necessary. I am being as flexible as can be but have gotten no feedback really, and with holidays approaching, I am getting worried about whether or not I will be able to get a 2nd endorsement to AFPC in time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikwelque View Post
            See I feel like harassing either my ISR or the recruiter at my gaining unit will not be beneficial. My ISR from when I talked to him a week ago basically told me he is handling it and seems to be telling me that I don't need to be involved. I don't want to step on his toes.
            However, I am approaching my 30 day mark and my recruiter has not gotten in contact with me to update me about my status. All he told me last week was that he was waiting for the 1288 back from the gaining unit (which I am pretty sure doesn't have any slots). I am worried by the time I get my 1288 back it will be so close to the 30 day or 45 day window that I will be screwed if they do not have a spot for me.
            I told my ISR that I am willing tor retrain if necessary. I am being as flexible as can be but have gotten no feedback really, and with holidays approaching, I am getting worried about whether or not I will be able to get a 2nd endorsement to AFPC in time.
            If you're willing to retrain into a different career field, let your recruiter at the gaining unit know. He is the one that takes care of what job you retrain into, not your ISR. Try to get a hold of the recruiter for the gaining unit and let him know that you're open to retraining into other careers. It should speed up the process of getting that 2nd endorsement back.

Comment

If you're interested in accelerating the process at all, you're always better off researching a billet on your own. The Air Force has a site off of AFPC Secure called "Air Force Reserve Vacancies" where you can search for advertised positions. I shotgun'd out to everyone in my area and eventually received three different acceptences from various units regarding IMA billets. If you haven't started the process yet or are about to, search for the vacancies ahead of time and find your billet. It will speed the entire process.

Comment

can i potentially have my window closed and rejoin active duty if i don't find a slot?

Comment

Working...
                X